The Chaffee Board of County Commissioners appointed county residents to expiring terms on the various county boards prior to their adjournment to executive session on Tuesday Feb. 4. Some 25 volunteers were appointed to nine separate county boards or commissions.
Commissioners thanked those who had completed their terms of office, and made a point of reminding the public that those who serve on the many county boards and commissions serve as unpaid volunteers. The county has at least 17 volunteer boards, and officials say that without that volunteer effort, county government could not run as efficiently as it does.
Commissioners noted that in addition to new applicants, several board members whose terms have expired re-applied to continue their public service. The appointments are as follows:
- Board of Adjustment: Dick Isenberger was reappointed to the Board of Adjustment.
- Board of Review: Lon Kersting was reappointed to the Board of Review.
- Common Ground: Brinkley Messick & Ben Lenth were both reappointed to the Common Ground Citizen Advisory Committee.
- Fair Board: Abby Hutchinson, Karen Peeples, Dustin Lewis, Barbara Wind, and Rachael Walke were all reappointed to the Chaffee County Fair Board.
- Heritage Board: Melanie Roth and Andrea Earley Coen were both reappointed and Cindie Swisher and Jodie Snyder was appointed to the Heritage Board.
- Transportation Board: Hank Martin, Donna Rhoads and Kristi Olson were appointed to the county Transportation Board.
- Visitors Bureau: Betsy Kolomitz was reappointed, while Brent Jewell and Clay Bidwell were appointed to the Visitors Bureau.
- Planning Commission: JoAnn Allen, Anderson Horne, and Bruce Cogan were reappointed and Molly Chilson was appointed to the Planning Commission.