On April 6, 2022 the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and the Salida Police Department hosted a countywide traffic safety operation utilizing several agencies from throughout the 11th Judicial District.
Members of the operation concentrated their efforts on U.S. 285 and U.S. 50 and other roadways throughout Chaffee County where numerous traffic complaints have been received.
During the five-hour operation the following actions were taken:
- 112 traffic stops were performed
- 22 moving violation citations were issued
- Four arrests were made for the following
- Eleazar Salazar-Ramirez, age 56, Fugitive of Justice warrant
- Melanie Medina, Age 43, DUI and Possession of Methamphetamine
- Jessica Buck, Age 38, Possession of Heroin
- William War-Burton, age 37, Possession of Heroin.
Agencies who participated in the operation were Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Salida Police Department, Buena Vista Police Department, Canon City Police Department, Fremont County Sheriff’s Office and the Custer County Sheriff’s Office.