Notable keynote speakers will address graduates at 12 ceremonies, nine locations from May 5-8
May is graduation time for Colorado Mountain College (CMC) graduating seniors. CMC will celebrate students from all 11 of its campuses throughout the college’s region when it holds 12 commencement ceremonies May 5, 6, and 8, 2023.
Reflecting CMC’s dual mission and mix of degree offerings, students will receive bachelor’s and associate degrees and certificates of occupational proficiency, in addition to high school equivalency, general education and workforce diplomas.
CMC Salida Graduation
CMC Salida’s commencement for the class of 2023 will be held at the SteamPlant Event Center at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, May 6. Jackie Miller, executive director of Great Outdoors Colorado (GOCO), will give the keynote address.
Miller has served GOCO for more than 17 years in various capacities from program manager to director of programs and in her current role since 2021. She received her bachelor’s degree from Saint Michael’s College in Vermont and was instrumental in launching Generation Wild in 2015 to motivate youth and their families in Colorado to get outdoors.
For more information and details on each commencement ceremony, visit CMC 2023 graduations at https://coloradomtn.edu/graduation
Multiple Keynote speakers Address CMC Graduation Sites Across the Colorado Rockies
CMC is hosting a prestigious group of Colorado leaders to speak at May’s commencement exercises. In addition to Jackie Miller, Great Outdoors Colorado’s Executive Director, who will speak at CMC Salida’s commencement, speakers at other CMC commencements include:
- Samantha Blea, Rifle native, CEPA graduate and U.S. Navy lieutenant commander
- Ed Casias, Summit County court judge
- Sara Dembeck, Vail Health Chief Nursing Officer
- Helen Drexler, Delta Dental of Colorado CEO
- Carrie Besnette Hauser, Colorado Mountain College President and CEO
- Katie Kramer, Boettcher Foundation President and CEO
- Gregory Moore, former editor-in-chief of The Denver Post
- Phil Weiser, Colorado Attorney General