An announcement from Colorado Mountain College (CMC) announced that that they have decided to extended distance learning through spring Semester, May 1.
An earlier communications directive had suported state-level directives prohibiting meetings of 10 or more and announced the postponement of direct instruction in Colorado K-12 schools through April 17. The extended distance learning CMC is referring to is the modified (online or Webex) delivery of credit courses (in associate and bachelor’s degree programs), English as a second language and GED courses.
CMC’s press release provided that:
- Students residing in the residence halls are being encouraged to vacate the facilities unless the residence halls are their primary homes. Residential students who need to return to campus to collect their belongings can find more information at https://coloradomtn.edu/covid19/.
- All non-credit (community education) courses are canceled through May 1.
- At this time, CMC’s campuses remain open to students and employees only. This is to provide students with access to computers, if needed, so they can continue their courses via Webex or online. No classes will be offered face-to-face.
- Spring 2020 commencement ceremonies have been canceled. College leaders are looking into alternative ways to celebrate students’ achievements, and hope to share that information soon.
- Employees have been encouraged to work from home, if practical and possible, and if they work from any CMC campus or facility, to practice strict social distancing.”
CMC president and CEO Dr. Carrie Besnette Hauser said, “I am so proud of our Colorado Mountain College community, and all of the heavy lifting our faculty and staff are doing right now.”
She added, “We continue to remain in regular communication with county and state health departments, so that our decisions are consistent with those in the state. I have every confidence that our efforts will result in quality learning experiences for our students as they finish out the 2020-21 academic year.”
Those looking for more information about the college’s response to the COVID-19 virus have been encouraged by CMC to visit: https://coloradomtn.edu/covid19/.