Print Friendly, PDF & Email

The United States Dept. of Agriculture announced on Monday that it’s Farm Service Agency is extending deadlines on many of its programs due to the government shutdown and the emergency nature of many of its programs.

Colorado Farm Service Agency Administrative Officer David Nix has provided an update list of revised deadlines for loan programs, assistance programs, and reporting requirements for existing loans as follows:

* Market Facilitation Program – deadline to apply extended to Feb. 14, 2019.
* Market Assistance Loans – if a loan matured in Dec. 2018, the settlement date is extended to Feb. 14, 2019.
* Peanut loans or Loan Deficiency Payments – loans will be made available through Feb. 28, 2019.
* Emergency Conservation Program – Performance reporting is now due Feb. 28, 2019.
* Livestock Forage Disaster – 2018 payment applications are now due Feb. 28, 2019.
* Livestock Indemnity Program – Notice of loss is new due Feb. 14, 2019.
* Non-insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program – 2019 application submissions are now due Feb. 14, 2019 and notice of loss for prevented planting and failed acres is due Feb. 14, 2019. Notice of loss for 72-hour harvest and grazing (as applicable) is also due Feb. 14, 2019. Applications for payment for 2018 covered losses due Feb. 14, 2019
* Emergency assistance for Livestock, honey bees, and farm-raised fish program – notice of loss due Feb. 14, 2019.
* Tree Assistance Program – notice of loss due Feb. 14, 2019.
* Acreage Reporting – the January deadline for apples, grapes and peaches is extended to Feb. 14, 2019.

Nix was not able to share the actual dollar value of these programs to the state of Colorado or Chaffee County, saying the program budgets are managed from the USDA D.C. Office. “But we’re glad that there was a real understanding in D.C. that it means a lot out here to offer our farmers and ranchers a little relief for applications and reporting, “ said Nix.

For any questions about these programs, or farm products not listed in the deadlines provided, readers should contact their local USDA Service Center: