With the return of the Salida and Buena Vista Farmers Markets this coming weekend, Foodshed Alliance is using the Chaffee County Public Health event planner toolkit as guidance to keep all community members safe. Though things are opening up more, the COVID-19 pandemic is still a reality, so the farmers market will follow specific guidelines and ask that staff, vendors and volunteers comply with them as well.
Staff, vendors, or volunteers who have been in close contact with a person suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 (generally within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes, depending on level of exposure) should not report to market and should self-quarantine, unless they have been fully vaccinated. Staff, vendors, or volunteers who are sick or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 should alert the Market Manager via phone or email and not report to market.
Masks are optional for those that are vaccinated. Masks are required for those that aren’t vaccinated when interacting with others (regardless of distance) or when physical distancing cannot be maintained (whether or not you’re interacting)
All are encouraged to wash hands upon arrival, departure, and frequently during the market (there will be a handwashing station setup again this year).
Vendors should frequently clean and sanitize common touch points (e.g. point of sale devices) and offer contactless payment methods if possible. They’re asked to keep hand sanitizer at each booth for vendor and customer use.
Booths will be spaced three to six feet apart and vendor load-in and market map will be setup so vendors, staff, and volunteers can maintain physical distancing during load-in and -out.
The markets will feature live music and performers which will be set up 25 feet away from vendors and booths. Those who are shopping or visiting the market are asked to follow these guidelines:
- stay home if sick or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms
- shoppers/visitors who have been in close contact with a person suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 (generally within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes, depending on the level of exposure) should stay home and self-quarantine, unless they have been fully vaccinated
- practice frequent handwashing
- shoppers/visitors should refrain from mingling with others not in their household during events, as much as possible
- shoppers/visitors should maintain at least 3 feet of physical distance from others as much as possible
- when in public outdoor places, shoppers/visitors should consider having a face covering available and be prepared to properly use it when coming within six feet of others
- unvaccinated or high-risk individuals should consider additional protections
- people will be allowed to eat inside the market again this year, be they’ll be asked to to stay seated within their group and remain at least three to six feet away from other groups (i.e., no walking around and eating)
The Salida Farmers Market will be held from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. starting on June 12 and will run through October 16 at Alpine Park, between Fourth and Fifth, E and F Streets.
The Buena Vista Market will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Sundays from June 13 through October 3. Starting in Summer 2021, Buena Vista’s Farmers Market will be held in McPhelemy Park, adjacent to the stoplight at the intersection of Highway 24 and Main Street.