With Christmas on Sunday, December 25 and New Years Day on Sunday, January 1, 2023 governments, banks, the postal service, and other businesses are planning closures to allow staff some well-deserved time at home. This is only a partial listing, based on available information at time of posting.
- Town of Buena Vista Offices – Closed Dec. 23 and Dec. 26, OPEN Dec. 30, Closed Jan. 2
- Chaffee County Offices – Closed Dec. 23, Dec. 26, Dec. 30, and Jan. 2
- Town of Poncha Springs – Closed Dec. 23, Dec. 26, Dec. 30, and Jan. 2
- City of Salida – Closed Dec. 23, Dec. 26, Dec. 30, and Jan. 2
- Aventa Credit Union – Salida – Call 719-482-7600 for Dec. 26 hours
- Collegiate Peaks Bank – Hwy 50 – Closed Dec. 23 at Noon and Closed Dec. 26
- High Country Bank – downtown Salida – Closed Dec. 24. Dec. 26, Dec. 31 and Jan. 2
- TBK Bank – Buena Vista – Closed Dec. 26
- Closed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day (normal Sunday closures)
- LaGree’s, Natural Grocers and Safeway in Salida all closed Dec. 25
Open On Christmas Day
While most businesses and restaurants will be closed on Christmas Day, Sunday, Dec. 25 there are a few exceptions as of publication date. Ark Valley Voice asked for feedback from the restaurant community across the county and these are listed below.
Fast food operators and others on U.S. 50 and U.S. 24 may provide limited options.
As always, it may be best to pack your own supplies in advance and best to call ahead, as even online operating hour listings may not be holiday-specific.
- F Street Five and Dime, 147 F Street in Salida will be open late on Christmas Eve (until 9:00 p.m.) and will also be open on Christmas Day from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. with snacks, sundries, gifts, and more.
- The Salida Community Center, 305 F Street will be serving its Annual Christmas Dinner from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. with dine-in and takeout service.
- High Side! Bar & Grill , 300 W. Sackett Ave. in Salida, will offer a potluck with ham sliders and soup from 4:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. You’re asked to bring a dish to share.
- Ramps & Alleys Skate Shop, 645 East Rainbow Blvd. in Salida will be open for anyone wanting to try out their new Christmas toys on the ramps. Call 719-539-5468 to confirm hours
Featured image: Image courtesy Tim Mossholder on unsplash.com