The Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center has announced that it is accepting applications for its 2019 Dr. William G. Mehos scholarships for graduating high school seniors living in the hospital district.
The $1,250 scholarships are designated for seniors attending who have attended high school in Salida, Buena Vista or Cotopaxi and who plan to attend college this fall focused on a major or degree in the health care field.
Six steps are necessary for applications:
- A completed application form
- A one-page narrative outlining why the applicant believes he/she should receive the scholarship award. Narratives should be single-spaced, with one-inch margins and 12-point font.
- An outline of thes student’s extracurricular activities
- Two letters of recommendation from adults who are not related to the applicant
- A copy of the student’s high school transcript
- ACT or SAT scores
Application packets may be retrieved in the schools’ counseling offices, or by calling 719-530-2218. Applications need to be mailed and postmarked by April 8. Applications postmarked after this date will not be accepted.
Those with questions about the application process, should contact Kimla Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 719-530-2218.