The report from Lake County Public Health (LCPH) this week is a simple but straightforward one: “Vaccine, vaccine, vaccine …Our top goal is shots in arms.”
LCPH is encouraging all Lake County residents to save a life by reaching out to a friend, neighbor, teammate, someone new… and encourage them to get the vaccination.
At the moment, Lake County is lagging behind other counties such as Chaffee County in percentage of people vaccinated; totaling 58.2 percent. By age group that breaks out as:
Ages 12+ 60 percent
Ages 65+ 66 percent
Ages 45-64 62 percent
Ages 25-44 62 percent
Ages 12-24 42 percent
The good news is the county has seen only 11 positive cases so far in Sept. But one other factor must be taken into account: Lake County is seeing a high level of COVID community spread, which means that people testing positive don’t know where they might have gotten exposed.
County residents can find a provider by following this link.
In the meantime, LCPH has these words of advice:
- Get tested if you suspect exposure to COVID or you are experiencing COVID symptoms
- Call 719-486-0230 to schedule your FREE test
- Stay home if you are sick
- Respect Lake County and Leadville businesses’ individual mask requirements
Lake County’s layered approach to protecting school-age children
Lake County, like Chaffee County, was one of the few counties to achieve in-person school instruction last year, and LCPH says that it wants to repeat that record this year. With children under age 12 not yet able to get vaccinated, the LCPH is encouraging everyone around them to take the responsibility to get vaccinated to help keep the children safe, including parents, teachers, caregivers, extended family and friends.
The LCPH is listing its steps to keep schools open and students in school as: Vaccine, Mask wearing indoors, Handwashing, deep cleaning.
In Lake County:
- Lake County Public Health Agency: Email to email@example.com or 719-486-2413 (Moderna (18+) and Pfizer (12+) available)
- St. Vincent Health: 719-486-0230 (Vaccines and Testing, appointment preferred)
- Safeway: safeway.com/covidclinic
- Sites giving out $100 gift certificates to Walmart: https://covid19.colorado.gov/coloradocomebackcash
- Other public statewide sites: comassvax.org
- Vaccine Bus: https://www.mobilevax.us/southwest or https://www.mobilevax.us/clinics
- Summit County Public Health: https://tinyurl.com/comassvax-summit-clinics
- Eagle County: https://tinyurl.com/yh9mk8kk
- Chaffee County Public Health: 719-539-4510
Thursdays 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Moderna
Fridays 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson
- Full list of Chaffee providers: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L4_uUTab7QMDWzsCSExz_fc3cxLl8upZNi4gvrtFilA/edit