I support Kimberly Parker for County Commissioner. Why? Let me count the ways:
1. Kimberly is really smart. I’ve met with her individually and have seen her address groups. She is a very intelligent and thoughtful person.
2. Kimberly has been involved in very important issues for Chaffee County. She is the chair of the Housing Policy Advisory Committee (HPAC). She has worked as Family Resource Coordinator with Family and Youth Initiatives and as a member of the Chaffee County Early Childhood Council. She currently works with the Alliance. She was an active participant in the Envision Chaffee County process.
3. Kimberly listens. When she is involved in discussions with groups of people, she listens and encourages others to provide their perspective. She then provides concise and insightful summaries of what many of the participants have in common.
4. Kimberly is a collaborative leader. Under her leadership in HPAC, the Housing Office was established and funded by the county and three municipalities.
5. Kimberly is dedicated to protecting the natural beauty and resources in Chaffee County. She understands the need to update the comprehensive plan for the county and how inclusive that process must be.
6. Kimberly has vast experience in utilizing technology to provide more useful, understandable and actionable information.
The voters of Chaffee County have an opportunity to add a strong new player to the Board of County Commissioners. The voters chose well in the last election. Greg and Keith are doing a great job. We should reward this work by adding Kimberly to the team. It is time that we should all be supporting women in today’s climate. Kimberly’s abilities and strength of character will serve us well.