Dr. Stephany Rose Spaulding, Ph.D., has been a professor at the University of Colorado – Colorado Springs for the last eight years and has made an indelible impact on the campus, the city of Colorado Springs and the academic community at large through her teaching, scholarship and service.
Just a few of her positions:
• Health care should be a right for all Americans, not just a privilege for some.
• Public education for all is vital to the future of our country.
• We need a viable, coordinated, popular and immediate response to runaway climate change, which threatens agriculture, coastal cities, human health, biodiversity and global security.
• We need to develop an energy infrastructure that relies on balancing energy independence in the U.S. with comprehensive use of wind, solar, hydroelectric and developing technologies.
• Stephany will fight against opening our precious Rocky Mountain parks, wild lands and open spaces to drilling or other resource extraction. She will fight to block corporate lobbyists’ huge influence through campaign contributions and to eliminate tax subsidies those companies get in return, known as “pay for play.”
• No full-time worker should live in poverty. Colorado and Congressional District 5 seem remarkable with some of the lowest unemployment rates in the country.
• Affordable housing is increasingly a challenge that is directly connected to economic development and job opportunities throughout Colorado’s CD5.
I know Stephany is a highly intelligent woman with energy and vision, and she will be a huge asset to Colorado’s CD5.