New Council members Mike Pollock and Alisa Pappenfort, as well as Treasurer Merrell Bergin, will be sworn in to office and partake in their first Salida City Council regular meeting at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, November 19.
The swearing in will follow a Council member send-off beginning at 5:30 p.m. for Mike Bowers and Cheryl Brown-Kovacic.
The new council will discuss some unfinished business regarding the annexation of 6906 Vandaveer Ranch Road. Council will consider a series of six resolutions regarding the property, including a public hearing for proposed rezoning.
- Resolution 2019-59 Approving the Findings of Fact for the Annexation of 6906 Vandaveer Ranch Road
- Resolution 2019-60 Possible Approval of the Annexation Agreement for 6906 Vandaveer Ranch Road
- Ordinance 2019-15 Second Reading and Possible Adoption of to Annex 2.0 Acres at 6906 Vandaveer Ranch Road
- Ordinance 2019-16 Second Reading and Public Hearing Regarding the Proposed Rezoning of 2.0 Acres at 6906 Vandaveer Ranch Road to R-4
- Resolution 2019-61 Approving the Development Plan for 6906 Vandaveer Ranch Road
The roughly two-acre pocket neighborhood would allow for a 32 rental unit development. Four of the 32 units must adhere to the city’s inclusionary housing provisions and are required to be maintained as affordable housing. The floor plans for the one-bedroom and two-bedroom units will be the same for all the units in the project.
Click the link to read a previous article on the 6906 Vandaveer Ranch Road Annexation: https://arkvalleyvoice.com/salida-council-discusses-site-plans-for-pocket-neighborhood/
Multiple items of new business are also on the agenda, including a public hearing on the proposed 2020 budget. Council also intends to go into Executive Session at the end of the meeting.