Salida City Council will meet in a work session at 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 15, and in a regular meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 16. Both meetings will take place in City Council Chambers, Room 190, 448 E. First St. in Salida.
Agenda items include:
• Stage and Rail Trail designation.
• A housing discussion with Chaffee County Housing Director Becky Gray.
• A joint session with Salida Planning Commission regarding modification of the planned development for Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center.
• Colorado Safety Stop with Salida Police Chief Russ Johnson.
• A discussion about civility.
• City council goals.
• 2019 budget discussion.
The regular city council meeting will include an opportunity for citizens to comment on topics not scheduled for public hearing, and social media posts indicate the likelihood of a significant number of attendees who wish to address council about the recent hiring of City Administrator Drew Nelson.
Additional agenda items include:
• Consideration of Resolution 2018-47, Stage and Rail Trail designation.
• A hangar lease agreement.
• Certification of the Sept. 25 special election results.
• Consideration of a statement of opposition in Division 2 Water Court Case 2018CW3048, regarding augmentation water for Young Life’s Trail West facility near Buena Vista.
• Consideration of a settlement in Division 2 Water Court Case Case 2017CW3037, which seeks to change the use (to augmentation) of certain Poncha Springs water rights.
• Reports by the city administrator and deputy city clerk.
• Elected official reports.