Salida City Council will hold a joint work session with Chaffee County commissioners at 6 p.m. today, Oct. 1, in Council Chambers, Room 190 at the Touber Building, 448 E. First St. While the agenda does not mention the subject of the work session, the city’s proposed inclusionary housing ordinance will likely be the focus.
The regular Salida City Council meeting is slated for 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 2, in Council Chambers and will include two presentations.
Cindy Williams, president of the Central Colorado Conservancy board of directors, and Greg Felt, Chaffee County commissioner, will present information in support of Ballot Question 1A, a proposed county tax increase to support forest and watershed health as well as “working lands” in the county.
Mickey Barry of Angel of Shavano Recycling will deliver the second presentation.
Additional agenda items include:
• An opportunity for citizens to comment on topics not scheduled for public hearing.
• Second reading and public hearing on Ordinance 2018-16, which would amend the Salida Municipal Code to increase compensation of the mayor and council members for the first time since 1997.
• Second reading and public hearing on Ordinance 2018-14, which would amend the Salida Municipal Code regarding inclusionary housing.
• Consideration of Resolution 2018-46 certifying delinquent charges, assessments or taxes to the Chaffee County treasurer to be added to the 2018 tax roll.
• City administrator and deputy city clerk reports.
• Elected officials reports.
• An executive session concerning city administrator contract negotiations.