Salida City Council will convene a regular meeting at 6 p.m. today, June 5, in Council Chambers in the Touber Building, 448 E. First St., Salida.
The meeting agenda includes:
• Reconsideration of Ordinance 2018-04, which approved the Salida Crossings Planned Development, as required by state law following a successful petition campaign spearheaded by former mayor Jim LiVecchi and former councilman Hal Brown.
• Resolution 2018-25 to set a special mail ballot election regarding a referendum on Ordinance 2018-04, pending reconsideration of the ordinance.
• Resolution 2018-26, which would set a ballot question for Senate Bill 152 that would authorize the city to provide cable television telecommunications and/or high-speed internet services.
• Resolution 2018-24 regarding a revocable license agreement for downtown street patios.
• Resolution 2018-23 appointing members to the Salida Planning Commission.
• Resolution 2018-30 to appointment members to the Recreation Advisory Board.
• Resolution 2018-27 concerning a possible ballot question whether to change the position of city clerk to an appointed position instead of an elected position.
• Resolution 2018-28 concerning a possible ballot question whether to change the position of city clerk to an appointed position instead of an elected position.
• Second reading and public hearing for Ordinance 2018-09, which would approve an exchange of real property between the city of Salida and SSG Holdings LLC.
• Resolution 2018-29 concerning the Colorado State Investment Pool.
• A Salida Golf Course annual report.
• A Colorado Creative Industries presentation.
• A discussion about deer with Colorado Parks and Wildlife Area Wildlife Manager Jim Aragon.
• A community funding request for a Plastic Bags Committee.
• Citizen participation to allow for comment on items not on the agenda or not scheduled public hearing.
• Staff reports by City Administrator Larry Lorentzen, Finance Director Jodi McClurkin and Deputy City Clerk Lynda Travis.
• Elected official reports.