Salida City Council’s first work session of 2019 is scheduled for 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 7, at the Salida Fire Department, 124 E. First St.
Agenda items for the work session include:
- A presentation titled “The Sound Waves.”
- A Fire Department presentation by Salida Fire Chief Doug Bess along with a tour of the facility.
- An overview of the Salida School District presented by Superintendent David Blackburn.
- A discussion about a school resource officer led by Salida Police Chief Russ Johnson.
- An update on the Future 50 project by Salida Community Development Director Glen Van Nimwegen.
- A planning update on Salida’s 2019 capital improvement program for city streets presented by Public Works Director David Lady.
- An evaluation of alternatives for the CR 105 bridge also presented by Lady.
- A discussion of the next meeting time and place.