During the Salida Business Alliance meeting on June 3, organizers discussed the upcoming plans for Salida’s Fourth of July Celebration, still impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This year, just as in 2020, there will be no parade but, in its place, a bike parade similar to last years. Events will be hosted at Riverside Park and the current working schedule is as follows:
- 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Chalk Art at Riverside Park
- 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Salida Circus will perform
- 3:30 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. the Freedom Singers will perform
- 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. is Roundhouse Assembly’s set
- 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Blue Recluse will play
- 9:00 p.m. is the start of the bike parade
- 9:30 p.m. will be the start of Fireworks, barring adverse fire conditions
Organizers are still working with the City in regard to COVID-19 capacity limits and ticketing and hope to have all the details hashed out by the next SBA meeting on June 17.
Volunteers are needed for the event for a variety of tasks but one of the main ones is handing out the chalk and making sure chalk art participants are having fun. To inquire about volunteering, community members are encouraged to email Donna at email@example.com