The Salida School District’s deadline for school board candidate petitions to be turned in ended Friday, August 30 at noon.
The following school board candidate petitions have been released by Salida School District’s designated Election Official, Brandy Coscarella:
- District 4 (2-year term) Joe Smith
- District 5 (2-year term) No Candidates
- District 1 (4-year term) No Candidates
- District 2 (4-year term) Jennifer Visitacion
- At Large Seat (4-year term)- Joel McBride
Current board members, Cheri Post and Jeannie Peters are in the middle of their four-year terms and are not up for reelection. Their seats will be up for election in 2021. Jeff Post, who temporarily filled the District 5 vacancy, and Penny Wilken are vacating the two seats open for the election.
Next week the Salida School District will be sending out the official certificate to notify the county clerks to include the annexation question that will be on the ballot.