Today, Sept. 25, is the last day to vote in Salida’s special election. As previously reported, ballots can be dropped off until 7 p.m. today at City Council Chambers, Room 190 in the Touber Building, 448 E. First St. in Salida.
Salida residents can still register to vote until 4 p.m. today at the Chaffee County Clerk’s Office in the County Building, 104 Crestone Ave. in Salida. Residents can also register to vote from 5 to 7 p.m. today at City Council Chambers in the Touber Building.
This special election includes the following ballot questions:
• Ballot Question No. 1 – Should voters affirm Salida City Council’s decision to approve the Salida Crossings residential-commercial development?
• Ballot Question No. A – Should voters allow the city of Salida to provide broadband internet services?
• Ballot Question No. B – Should the Salida city clerk be appointed instead of elected?
• Ballot Question No. C – Should the Salida city treasurer be appointed instead of elected?
• Ballot Question No. D – Should the funding limit for the city of Salida economic development fund be increased from 2 percent to 10 percent?
• Ballot Question No. E – Should Salida allow the transfer of city marijuana business licenses upon the sale of a marijuana business?
Deputy City Clerk Lynda Travis, the designated election official, is available to provide additional information and Americans with Disabilities Act assistance. She can be reached at 530-2630.