Based on decreasing COVID-19 cases in Chaffee County over the past two weeks, Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center (HRRMC) has announced that is adjusting certain restrictive measures previously in place, effective immediately:
Main hospital: One (1) visitor per patient room is allowed during visiting hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.). Visitors are not permitted to enter the building after 5:00 p.m. Patients and visitors are required to have a symptom and temperature screening before proceeding to registration.
- Outpatient Pavilion and outlying clinics: One (1) visitor is allowed to accompany a patient to their appointment. Patients and visitors should proceed directly to their appointment check-in area for a symptom and temperature screening.
- Emergency Department: One (1) visitor is allowed to accompany the patient. Patients and visitors are required to wear a mask or face covering and be screened at check-in.
- The Café is still closed to the general public. Visitors of patients are allowed to use the Café, but must take their meals to-go (i.e., to the patient’s room, outside or to their car). This also includes outpatients (rehab and clinic appointments, lab/bloodwork and imaging patients).
- The HRRMC Gift Shop remains closed to the general public but is open to outpatients and visitors of patients.
- Masks continued to be required at all times when entering the facilities.
Outpatient services are available at this time. HRRMC continues to follow direct guidance from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). HRRMC will re-evaluate these measures as needed based on the county’s metrics.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, more changes may occur. Please visit HRRMC.com for the latest updates or call 719-530-2217.