The annual Salida Studio Tour returns for 2021. The event will be held on September 25 and September 26 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Participants will visit artists at work. This is a chance to meet 28 Salida artists and step inside their unique studios. Participants will learn about painting, printmaking, clock making, woodturning, sculpting, metal working, mosaics, glasswork, fiber art and so much more.
This year’s artists include:
- Gail Franke – Painter
- Merry Cox – Mixed Media Artist
- Mary Staby – Hand painted Black and White Photographer
- Tom Franke – Clock Maker | Sculptor
- Keith Gotschall – Woodturner, Furniture Maker and Sculptor
- Gary White – Painter
- Mary Hansen Wolfe – Painter, Printmaker and Instructor
- Jennifer Naylor – Fiber Artist and Glass Artist
- Bernice Strawn (along with works by the late Mel Strawn) – Painted Wood Construction, wall hung
- Paulette Brodeur – Painter
- Hannelore Gabriel – Multi-media Assemblage
- Sally Mather – Landscape and Abstract Painter
- Judy Sprague – Fine Art, Painting and Drawing
- Kathy Mast – Rock, Natural Materials Mosaicist
- Fay Golson – Mixed Media, Painter and Assemblage
- Patricia Aguilar – Painter
- Brice Turnbull – Glass Artist
- Dvora Kanegis – Painter
- Sue Ann Hum – Multi-Media Artist
- Dave Earl – Sculptor
- Shelby Cox – Fun Recycled Metal Art
- John Barnholt – Functional Fused Glass
- Patrick Murphy – Functional Woodworking Artist
- Dustin Tidwell – Painted Prayers
- Thordis Niela Simonsen – Printmaker, Writer and Museum of Authenticity Director
- Sue Fosseen – Quilter, Pattern Designer and Colorist
- Gay Wehrman – Sewist and Quilter
- Patti Vincent – Painter, Printmaker and Instructor
Find great art to buy, learn about art classes, and see different ways to set up an art studio. During the 2021 tour, participants can enter to win one of 10 gift certificates worth $100 each, to be spent towards the purchase of artwork from your favorite Salida Studio Tour artist. The more studios visited, the more chances you will have to win. Winners will be notified on September 28th.
Pinon Real Estate Group hosts the Salida Studio Tour Group Art Show at their historic downtown Salida location at 201 F Street from September through December. There will be an artist reception from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on September 24. Due to space limitations, not all the studio tour artists may be represented at this show.
To tell the truth, art is a big part of my life and I devote a lot of time to drawing. I’m inspired by a lot of artists and it is so cool that there is an opportunity to become familiar with 28 talented Salida artists, absorbing with their own special energy and energy of their artworks. What impresses me the most is that I can appear in their unique studios, observing the process of their creation and learning a lot of useful wonderful information that can be valuable for me as for the novice artist. It is an absolutely unique opportunity to become closer to the art and it is the great chance for novice artists to become more qualified in this sphere. I would like to see mentioned artists and see their special approach to painting.