Sunday evening, in a further announcement by Chaffee County officials, following its initial declaration of a county emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and in concert with the emergency declarations of Governor Polis, the Chaffee Board of County Commissioners is announcing further directives.
Per the announcement “Within our community to ensure that public health resources and authority are aligned, Chaffee County buildings will be closed to the public until further notice”. The details of the directive include:
- County Buildings are minimally staffed with no public access. The public is asked to conduct business online, by email, or by phone.
- For business with the Clerk, Assessor, Development, and Treasurer, information can be dropped off in the Clerk’s curbside ballot box in both Salida at 104 Crestone Ave and in Buena Vista at 112 Linderman Ave. This includes all motor vehicle renewals, document recording, treasurers payments, or any correspondence to county government. Larger-sized items for the Building Department may be dropped off by appointment with the Development Department by calling 530-5568.
- Building inspections and Assessor sales and field reviews will continue.
- Public Health will be offering virtual programming when possible, COVID-19 testing by appointment (at the public health facilities located at 448 E 1st St., Salida, by phone.
- Nonessential County meetings and events are either canceled or will be “virtual” when possible. Noticed public meetings will be conducted but will likely change to a virtual format.
- Emergency services will continue.
Appropriate email inquiries and correspondence should go to the following staff:
Clerk and Recorder’s Office
Lori Mitchell, Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org, 719-539-4004
Brenda Mosby, Assessor email@example.com, 719-539-4016
Dee Dee Copper, Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org, 719-539-6808
Jennifer Davis, County Attorney email@example.com, 719-395-4006
Daniel Tom, Assistant County Attorney firstname.lastname@example.org, 719-221-0665
Pat Green, Deputy Building Official email@example.com, 719-539-2124
Public Health and Environment
Andrea Carlstrom, Director firstname.lastname@example.org, 719-539-4510
David Henson, Director email@example.com, 719-539-2500