As COVID-19 transmission numbers continue to spike across the U.S. and Colorado, and as Chaffee County is hitting its highest number of positive cases, free testing is available through Chaffee County Public Health in Buena Vista and Salida.
• CCPH offers free COVID-19 community testing every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 -11 a.m. in the C Street parking lot at the Touber Building, 448 E. First St., in Salida
• Free testing is also offered in Buena Vista every Wednesday from 9 – 11 a.m. at the county annex, 114 Linderman Ave.
Testing through Public Health is by appointment. Please call ahead by the close of business the day before the testing clinic will be held.
CCPH now requires a consent form for COVID-19 tests that are performed at the free clinics. The form will significantly expedite the exposure notification process and streamline contact tracing efforts.
Click here to access the form. Prior to your appointment, print the form, fill it out and sign. Don’t forget to bring it with you.
Criteria for testing includes:
- Any community member (or others who consider Chaffee County their medical home) who is showing symptoms.
- Any asymptomatic patient who has a known contact (within 6 feet for greater than 15 minutes) with a positive case, or has traveled in an area with high transmission rates. This does not include secondary contacts.
- All healthcare workers, first responders, senior care facility workers, and workers who directly interact with the public while working, whether or not those individuals have symptoms or not.
If you are interested in testing, call 719-539-4510 to be screened and scheduled for testing. Those with severe respiratory symptoms should contact their primary care provider directly. The current wait time for test results is 3-7 days.