The City of Salida will hold a Regular Coordinated Election on November 2, 2021 for three Ward seats and the Mayor position. Nomination petitions can be picked up at 9:00 a.m. on August 3, in the City Clerk’s office, 448 East 1st Street, Suite 112. Petitions must be returned by 4:00 p.m. on August 23. Persons eligible to run for elected office must:
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be currently registered to vote.
- Council candidates must be a resident of their City Ward or of a territory annexed to that ward for at least 12 months.
- Mayor Candidates must be a resident of the City of Salida or of a territory annexed to the City for at least 12 months.
- Those who wish to have their name appear on the November 2 ballot will need to have 25 valid signatures. In addition, those running for City Council must have signatures from residents within their ward. The Mayor’s position is elected at-large.
Petitions complete with signatures and the Circulator Affidavit signed and notarized must be returned in person to the City Clerk’s office. It is highly suggested to have more than the minimum of twenty-five signatures as it is possible that not all signatures will qualify.
In preparation for the upcoming election, The City of Salida will host a Candidate “101” course at 5:30 p.m. on August 5th in Council Chambers, 448 East 1st Street, Room 190. City Clerk Erin Kelley will discuss requirements for running for office, time commitments, and Campaign Finance.
Click here to learn more.
Featured image: Salida Elected Officials Terms of Office. Image Courtesy Salida City Clerk